One thing that you will want to consider when it comes to standing out from your competition is that face to face time with your customers is really important. A lot of companies out there don’t actually take the time to listen to their customers. Here are two factors that you must be willing to incorporate into your business if you want to remain competitive and stand out:
- Talk to your customers face to face
- Listen to them
Some small businesses will say that they already do these two things. Some of them might really do them, but it might be something that you should reconsider. Don’t just reconsider it once. Ask yourself again and again if you are continuing to do these things. IF you don’t do it regularly, you may find yourself slipping back into your old ways.
Here are a couple of other questions that you should ask yourself:
- What have you agreed to do for your customers?
- What are you doing to let your customers know that you are actually going to follow through?
These things are so important. Here are some important numbers that come from valuable research:
- 95% of businesses surveyed state that they have given surveys to their customers
- 50% of businesses surveyed actually let their employees know what they learn from their customers
- 30% of businesses surveyed have actually made a plan of action based on feedback
- 10% of businesses surveyed have actually put that plan of action into place
- 5% of businesses surveyed let their customers know what they were doing for them
IF you really want to stand out and let your customers know that you are listening to them, you really need to do these things and follow through with them. You don’t want to leave gaps out there for your competitors to fill.