One thing that businesses strive to do is protect the environment around them. One of the best ways to preserve your local forests and, in turn, protect the future of your community is by becoming environmentally friendly. Businesses can play a huge role in this.
Here are a few things that you should consider as a business owner:
- Energy efficiency – use the Energy Star Savings Calculator to find out how this can also save you money
- Recycle – there are many things that can be recycled, other than just paper and plastic. You can also recycle cell phones, computers, batteries, and other office equipment.
- Minimize packaging – this can also save your business a great deal of money.
- Commuter challenge – encourage your employees to either carpool, walk, or cycle to work if possible.
- Telecommuting – allowing your employees to work from home will help to reduce the amount of traffic on the road.
- Re-use – There are many things that can be re-used, including water bottles and other beverage containers.
- Don’t litter – make sure that you have trash receptacles available in break rooms and cafeterias.
There are also some things that you can do in and around your local community to help foster an environmentally friendly community. Consider sponsoring a local park, encouraging your employees to do volunteer work around your area, plant trees on your commercial property, and give donations to charities that help to protect the environment.
Look for a variety of other green tips that will help you reduce your carbon footprint and be more eco-friendly.